Organic Merchant Mother Nature Tea
The Mother Nature Tea is a raspberry leaf tea that was designed with expectant mothers in mind. The carefully selected certified organic herbs in this fresh, floral herbal infusion are mineral rich and have traditionally been used to prepare and tone the uterus for labour, calm the nerves and reduce anxiety.
Weight: 50g – makes around 40 cups
The blend’s bloomy and herbaceous floral flavour and can be safely enjoyed during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy and in the weeks post birth.
One of the main ingredients in our Mother Nature Tea is raspberry leaf. Rubus Idaeus has been used traditionally for thousands of years. In the 1940’s it was adopted and now is commonly used by many western medical practitioners as a uterine tonic during pregnancy and to facilitate childbirth. This study showed a shortening of the second stage of labor and a lower rate of forceps deliveries.
Raspberry Leaf Benefits
- Raspberry leaf is both a parturient and astringent, toning the uterine membranes and strengthening the pelvic floor and uterine muscle tissue to assist childbirth. This toning action increasing the contractility of the uterine walls and makes for more effectual contractions during labor 1,2,3 .
- Raspberry leaf is nutritive to both mother and child, containing a rich assortment of vitamins including vitamin B complex and minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium. 1
- Continuing to consume tea after labour helps the uterus return back to its normal size, shape and elasticity. 1,3
- Raspberry leaf also boost the immune system and helps fight infection.
- The herb is a galactagogue assisting to increase and enrich milk supply after birth. 1
- Studies have shown that women who take red raspberry leaf have a reduced incidence of birth interventions 6,7. Research has also found that women who drink red raspberry leaf tea regularly towards the end of their pregnancies had a shorten labour with no identified side effects for the women or their babies. The findings also suggest that women who ingest raspberry leaf tea might decrease the likelihood of pre and post-term gestation and may be less likely to receive an artificial rupture of their membranes, or require a caesarean section, forceps or vacuum birth than women who do not consume raspberry leaf.
Further benefits of ingredients in our Mother Nature Tea
In addition to raspberry leaf, our Mother Nature Tea also includes nettle leaf (Urtica dioica), shativari root (Asparagus racemose) and rose petals (Rosa centifolia)
- Nettle leaf is extremely nutritive and has an impressive nutritional composition, most notably it is the iron content which is most important during this 3rd trimester. Other nutrients include Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Sodium. It has a high protein content and has a better amino acid profile than most other leafy vegetables 4.
- Shatavari is a highly regarded reproductive tonic for women’s health. Asparagus racemose is also the best known Ayurvedic tonic for women after childbirth. This rejuvenating herb is wonderful for balancing hormones, is highly nutritious, excellent at strengthening and supporting the nervous system, preventing postnatal depression, enhances and enriches milk supply, promotes healthy energy levels, sooths the digestive tract and boosts immune system8.
- Rose petals have been used in Chinese medicine for more than 4000 years. Rose is especially useful in alleviating insomnia typical in the 3rdtrimester, as well as tension and anxiety around childbirth and preventing postnatal depression. Rosa centifolia increases the elasticity and strengths the integrity of vasculature therefore preventing and treating varicosities and fluid retention, soothes the digestive tract in both mother and child and is an effective treatment for urinary tract infections associated with pregnancy8.